Monday, November 06, 2006

Tales From The Boondocks

Just came from a four-day trip to one my favorite places, Sagada in the Northern Philippines.

It was my third voyage to this little idyllic town of 2,000 locals. But every time I go back there's always new things to discover and I fall in love with the place all over again.

Sweet, red, ripe tomatoes, mouth watering fruits, delightful cuisine, wild strawberries, the minty smell of pine woods, and the crispy scent of the dense foliage surrounding the area. Most especially the very beautiful people of Sagada make every trip memorable.

Take a hike to the caves, bathe in the falls, or trek the hills and get a panoramic view of neighboring Sierra Madre. Visit the vegetable gardens where the harvest is blessed by their gods. Then taste the delectable foods with all the ingredients organically grown.

Or how about waking up in the morning and being greeted by the thick mist that envelops the whole town. Smelling the sunflowers, or poinsenttias, and the different variety of flowers that abound.

Best memory of all, taking a sip of their high grade Sagada mountain coffee. The bitter-sweetness delights your mouth and wakes your senses to face a day full of wonderful things to explore.

I love this town. And I'm going back again and again...

Check out my Flickr photos >>



2 Comments:

Blogger Scott McLean said...

Hi! That sounds like a good place to visit! I was in Makati last year. Your blog is interesting. I'll be here again. Take care.

5:13 AM  
Blogger selzki said...

Indeed, the place is wonderful. You should visit it when you return to the Philippines :)

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home