Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me...

It's my birthday!

And I'm glad that people remember it and all, but I always cringe on the nest words that will spurt out of their dirty mouths: So when will you get married?

In an attempt to dodge that question, when some people ask about my age I tell them I'm 40. Maybe they'll think twice before asking me why the freaking hell I don't have a husband yet. It looks effective because the moment I utter 4-0 they seem to be having a systems breakdown and confusion soon sets it. I see it in their eyes har-har-har.

So why am I not married? I've been thinking of ways to answer that question:

1. I'm a lesbian.
2. I can't get married, I'm a mistress.
3. You think I wanna end up like you?
4. I enjoy non-committal sex, thank you.
5. Why, is your life so miserable and you want company?
6. Nice try! I'm not falling for that trap called joyless marriage!
7. Does it bother you so much that I'm free and can do anything I want with my life?
8. What the fuck do you care?
9. Mind your own fucking business.
10. Fuck off!

OK, the last three i'm just playing rude. But don't I just wish I can say that.

Whoever made a rule that everyone should get married and raise children? And why do many think that being married should be your ultimate destiny as part of the human race? So I genuinely find it insulting when people assume I will be incomplete and utterly lonely if I won't find myself a husband. Or a life companion, as they call it.

I'm not really a people person. If I want a companion I can always get a dog. I find canines smarter than most men anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home