Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Long Way Anywhere

Watching Ewan McGregor every week on his series The Long Way Down at NatGeo was a mixed emotion for me. On the good side, of course, I looove seeing him do all those crazy un-hollywood stuff. I don't care if he hasn't taken a bath in ages or canoodling with gorillas all sweaty and unshaven. I would run to him and give him a big hug if he suddenly appears my way.

On the bad side, it was depressing to see him travel the world without any care. Hopping continents on a bike with only a handful of clothing on his back. Meeting people along the way and just absorbing the roads less traveled.

Although I would not want to tour the globe on a motorcycle, you know what I mean. Don't you wish to drop everything from your normal life, catch a plane and go places with a single luggage, sleeping on trains, eating exotic international cuisine, and if you have enough cash in your pocket maybe rent a hotel for a week or two to sit by and watch your lovely view. That last bit also tells you that, no, I do not wish to join the Amazing Race.

But, yes, I want that amazing trip I've been planning in my head ever since I held my first atlas and found out there's a whole wide world outside of my box.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home